Elasticsearch Hadoop - Analyzer support

Does es-hadoop maven dependency have support for built-in analyzers? I am setting up a project to read & write data from Elasticsearch using spark and have created simple analyzers on index but need more help on this further.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Hi @Shalini_Pereira. I'm not completely sure I understand your question. I'm assuming you are using a non-default analyzer, and that you have specified it in your index mapping (or template). In that case, whenever you index a document (whether through es-hadoop or the index API), your analyzer is applied to the document on the Elasticsearch side. There is nothing you need to do on the es-hadoop side. Does that answer your question? Or are you wanting to specify an analyzer when you are reading data out with es-hadoop?

Hi @Keith_Massey,
Thank you for the quick response!

I am using a built-in analyzer such as keyword or whitespace analyzer which is added to the index settings. Just wanted clarification on whether any option is to be passed when using the es-hadoop dependency or the created analyzer will be used by default by es-hadoop during read.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

If it is in the index settings, it will be used by Elasticsearch. You do not need to pass any arguments to es-hadoop. You can confirm by posting a document through the REST API (Index API | Elasticsearch Guide [8.1] | Elastic). If your analyzer is used there, it will be used by es-hadoop.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.