ElasticSearch inine script, max_compilation_rate issue

`Hi,

I'm using elastic-7.3.1.
I'm sending large number of requests each having unique dynamic inline script and I'm getting this issue on elastic server
org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException: Elasticsearch exception [type=circuit_breaking_exception, reason=[script] Too many dynamic script compilations within, max: [75/5m]; please use indexed, or scripts with parameters instead; this limit can be changed by the [script.max_compilations_rate] setting]

To resolve this i have first updated max_compilation_rate to 100/5m but it didn't resolve the issue.

And also we can't keep increasing this parameter due to infrasturcture limitation. So can you please suggest a way out here to tune max_compilation_rate?

Secondly,
I read on elastic documentation page, script.cache.max_size = 100 by default.
Is there any relation between max_compilation_rate and script.cache.max_size?
Since I found a corelaiton between them while experimenting.
I was sending 3 unique dynamic inline script in a minute then i observed a corelation between max_compilation_rate and script.cache.max_size as attached here.

So please look into and let me know, it's right or wrong?

And one more, are stored scripts and inline scripts both counted for script.cache.max_size limitation? I mean, stored_script + inline_script = script.cache.max_size or only inline_script = script.cache.max_size or something else?

Thanks a lot.
Rajnish
`

Can you please describe the use case and how you use scripts? Is there a reason you can not standardise scripts and use passed parameters to reduce the number of compilations?

@Christian_Dahlqvist thanks for the response.

Here is the script which I'm using to compute some data:-
{
"aggs": {
"group_by_col": {
"scripted_metric": {
"map_script": "if (doc['abc'].value=='F'){if(params['_source']['col1)'] != ''){if(doc['col1)'].value < 10){val1++; }else{val2++}}}else{if(params['_source']['col1)'] != ''){if(doc['col1)'].value < 10){val2++; }else{val1++}}}",
"init_script": "params._agg['map'] = ['val1':0, 'val2':0]",
"reduce_script": "params.result = ['Default':{Default}, 'Target':{Target}, 'Breach':{Breach}, 'res1':10]; if(params.result.res1 <= (int){Low Volume}){params.result.Target = 10; params.result.Breach = 20; params.result.Default = 30;} return params.result"
}
}
},
"size": 0,
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [
{
"match": {
"id": "_id"
}
}
]
}
}
}

I'm using standardise scripts but we are sending too many requests that's why getting this error.

Hope it will help to figure out the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.