Elasticsearch isn’t allowed to allocate this shard to any of the nodes in the cluster as a result logs are not store into elasticsearch

when i check cluster allocation explain it shows that

curl -u elastic:Apmosys@123 -X GET "http://my_ip:9200/_cluster/allocation/explain"
{"note":"No shard was specified in the explain API request, so this response explains a randomly chosen unassigned shard. There may be other unassigned shards in this cluster which cannot be assigned for different reasons. It may not be possible to assign this shard until one of the other shards is assigned correctly. To explain the allocation of other shards (whether assigned or unassigned) you must specify the target shard in the request to this API.","index":".monitoring-es-7-2024.04.20","shard":0,"primary":true,"current_state":"unassigned","unassigned_info":{"reason":"INDEX_CREATED","at":"2024-04-20T00:01:03.337Z","last_allocation_status":"no"},"can_allocate":"no","allocate_explanation":"Elasticsearch isn't allowed to allocate this shard to any of the nodes in the cluster. Choose a node to which you expect this shard to be allocated, find this node in the node-by-node explanation, and address the reasons which prevent Elasticsearch from allocating this shard there.","node_allocation_decisions":[{"node_id":"ZHYpI9WyRJ2hu825XpECUw","node_name":"878b205aedbf","transport_address":"172.18.0.2:9300","node_attributes":{"ml.config_version":"12.0.0","xpack.installed":"true","transform.config_version":"10.0.0","ml.machine_memory":"25769803776","ml.allocated_processors":"8","ml.allocated_processors_double":"8.0","ml.max_jvm_size":"12884901888"},"roles":["data","data_cold","data_content","data_frozen","data_hot","data_warm","ingest","master","ml","remote_cluster_client","transform"],"node_decision":"no","weight_ranking":1,"deciders":[{"decider":"disk_threshold","decision":"NO","explanation":"the node is above the high watermark cluster setting [cluster.routing.allocation.disk.watermark.high=90%], having less than the minimum required [99.9gb] free space, actual free: [91.2gb], actual used: [90.8%]"}]}]}

Please help me !

It seems like at least some of your nodes have insufficient disk space.

Additionally, I am unable to access logs from the last 10 days in our Elasticsearch cluster.

when i discover any indexes its looks like

You will need to address the disk space issue. Either increase disk space or delete data through the Elasticsearch APIs.

1 Like

If i increase the server size can it directly resolve this issues and automatically reallocate shards ?