Elasticsearch Java Client Transport Client Exception

(blasearch) #1

Hello!

I'm trying to get the Elasticsearch Java SDK TransportClient Initialized, and I'm getting the following exception:

rg.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler dispatch failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.elasticsearch.common.settings.IndexScopedSettings
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:982)

My POM looks like this since I'm using Maven:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.elasticsearch</groupId>
   <artifactId>elasticsearch</artifactId>
   <version>6.0.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.elasticsearch.client</groupId>
   <artifactId>transport</artifactId>
   <version>6.0.1</version>
</dependency>

Any help is appreciated!

(David Pilato) #2

A wild guess is that this spring version is not compatible?

(blasearch) #3

Maybe, however I'm not sure why that would be the case. I'm not using spring-data-elasticsearch. Generally I'd say that unless I'm integrating with spring somehow, I haven't had any issues importing any other maven libraries.

(David Pilato) #4

Could you share more of your pom.xml and part of your code, ie. how you start elasticsearch?

(blasearch) #5

Here is my setup code. All parts of my code related to ES are in the original post, let me know what I may be missing.

Settings settings = Settings.builder()
		        .put("cluster.name", this.clusterName)
		        .put("client.transport.sniff", true).build();

lazy_client = new PreBuiltTransportClient(settings);
			lazy_client.addTransportAddress(new TransportAddress(InetAddress.getByName(this.clusterHost), this.clusterPort));
			return lazy_client;

(David Pilato) #6

Could you just execute that code without Spring at all in a main() method?

The code looks good.

(blasearch) #7

I moved on to use the RestHighLevelClient since the TransportClient is being deprecated eventually. I never solved this issue.

(David Pilato) #8

Great. But that was not my point.
Could you reproduce the problem without Spring?

(blasearch) #9

Never tried it unfortunately, had to move on. I'm hard pressed to imagine how spring could cause the inability to find a class from a completely different maven library. If the issue does have something to do with spring, personally I'd call it a defect with the ES maven library, as an external dependency shouldn't cause class resolution problems.

Similar post (no maven though): Could Not Initialize Class PreBuiltTransportClient

Personally my opinion is that we should just let the TransportClient get deprecated, ignore this issue as a very uncommon situation, and for anyone reading this post, they should move on to using the RestClient or RestHighLevelClient.

Thanks for your continued help and support!

(David Pilato) #10

That's why I asked for this.
I'd like to understand the cause and make sure nothing wierd is on our end.

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.