Elasticsearch Java testing framework and plugins

Hi,

how can I run tests within the Elasticsearch Java testing framework which require a plugin (specifically lang-painless)?

I want to use Elasticsearch 5.4.0 but couldn't find any artifact of Painless for that version. Is there an official artifact for Painless I can pull in, like the unofficial org.codelibs.elasticsearch.module : lang-painless : 5.3.2?

painless is running on the server side. Which means that it must run within an elasticsearch node.
So you probably want to run integration tests here, right?

Yes, I want to use ESIntegTestCase.

Any hints how I could add plugins there?

The specific project is Jest and the code for Elasticsearch 5.3.0 is as follows:

I'd start an external elasticsearch cluster.

For example, have a look at the maven elasticsearch plugin which is really nice for that.

Thanks for your reply!

Does ESIntegTestCase work with an external Elasticsearch cluster?

If not, that's a change I'd like to avoid for now. Looks like it'll stay on Elasticsearch 5.3.x until there's a (third-party) artifact of lang-painless for ES 5.4.0.

It would work, if there was an official artifact for lang-painless. :wink:

As far as I see, that Maven plugin only supports spawning a single Elasticsearch node but not a whole cluster, is that correct?

Correct. May be you can open an issue so they will see if they can support this or not.
Although it's a corner case IMO as you would just expect that the cluster is acting correctly whatever the number of nodes you have.

I understand that in your case you want to test things like failover or such.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.