Elasticsearch-Kibana- Deployment issues in Anthos on-prem K8s cluster

@Esakki just got back from my PTO. glad you got it working. did you use a different certs for ES and Kibana or do they use the same cert?

You can route search and ingest request to specific nodes via node affinity. I do that very thing via ElasticKonductor.

I raised different CSR for KIbana and elasticsearch erspectively and that resolved the issue.. and now all working..

The new requirement is to install ECK-CR IndexTemplate in my GKE on-prem k8s where I have my elasticsearch cluster..

I referred the below blogs/docs, I'm able to create the ECK-CR pod, and I created IndexTemplate yaml when I do kubectl create -f indextemplate.yaml, in my CR pod logs I can see that CR is unable to reach elasticsearch, and I'm getting 401 unauthorized error, I tried different ways but not working..

Note: My client don't want to create the indextemplate from Kibana (GUI) or using Elasticsearch API, they want it in a .yaml file... (From kibana GUI I'm able to create and using curl PUT cmd on the elastic API also working fine..

I'm not familiar with that CRD but it seems you need to spec.targetInstance.name based on the Elasticsearch Instance and Kibana Instance CRDs.

@Sunile_Manjee thank you , let me try this.

Kind Regards,
Esakki

@Sunile_Manjee I tried that also not working.

Esakki Regards,
Esakki

This is a 3rd party CRD. since it is not working based on following the docs, I recommend you open a issue the author here: Issues · xco-sk/eck-custom-resources · GitHub

@Sunile_Manjee Yeah, raised, and waiting for their response..

Is there any official doc that I can follow to achieve the same requirement?

I want to create custom resource to create Index-template(s) in my elasticsearch cluster.

Kind regards,
Esakki

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.