Elasticsearch .NET DocumentExists() returns error: Invalid NEST response built from a unsuccessful (200) low level call on HEAD

Hi everyone
I have a document already exists in an index in elastic below

And here's my C# code for checking if this document exists:

ExistsResponse existsResponse = await _elasticClient.DocumentExistsAsync<T>(type.Id, d => 
                d.Index(index));

However whenever the program runs to that line it always returns an error with invalid NEST response: (I've greyed out my node domain address with xxxx)

Invalid NEST response built from a unsuccessful (200) low level call on HEAD: /purchaseorders_test/_doc/PO1Z74FVF4
# Audit trail of this API call:
 - [1] BadResponse: Node: https://xxxxxxxxx/ Took: 00:00:00.3388193
# OriginalException: Elasticsearch.Net.ElasticsearchClientException: Request failed to execute. Call: Status code 200 from: HEAD /purchaseorders_test/_doc/PO1Z74FVF4
# Request:
<Request stream not captured or already read to completion by serializer. Set DisableDirectStreaming() on ConnectionSettings to force it to be set on the response.>
# Response:

I've already set DisableDirectStreaming on my ConnectionSettings , but they don't seem to solve anything

var settings = new ConnectionSettings(new Uri(url))
                .DefaultIndex(defaultIndex).BasicAuthentication("elastic", "xxxxxxx").DisableDirectStreaming();

var client = new ElasticClient(settings);

The version of Elastic NUGET I'm using is Elasticsearch.Net 7.13.0

I'm running out of idea on how to solve this, can anyone help me with this ?

I responded to this query on a Reddit thread and wanted to copy the answer here for anyone finding this issue:

This relates to an issue that was fixed in v7.13.1. The bug unfortunately crept into the 7.13.0 release you are using. You should find it resolves if you grab the latest patch release from NuGet.

If the issue persists after upgrading, please do open an issue on the GitHub repository and I'll take a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.