Elasticsearch not able to build Using Gradle

I am trying to setup Elasticsearch on my windows 10 for intellij following this link but when i execute gradlew.bat idea I am getting this error.

Me using Gradle Version 6.4 and Jdk version 14 and windows 10

anyone please reply !! i am stuck on this from last 48 hours

1 Like

Please be patient in waiting for responses to your question and refrain from pinging multiple times asking for a response or opening multiple topics for the same question. This is a community forum, it may take time for someone to reply to your question. For more information please refer to the Community Code of Conduct specifically the section "Be patient". Also, please refrain from pinging folks directly, this is a forum and anyone that participates might be able to assist you.

If you are in need of a service with an SLA that covers response times for questions then you may want to consider talking to us about a subscription.

It's fine to answer on your own thread after 2 or 3 days (not including weekends) if you don't have an answer.

1 Like

Please don't post images of text as they are hard to read, may not display correctly for everyone, and are not searchable.

Instead, paste the text and format it with </> icon or pairs of triple backticks (```), and check the preview window to make sure it's properly formatted before posting it. This makes it more likely that your question will receive a useful answer.

It would be great if you could update your post to solve this.

1 Like

Hello Senky,

You should not need to execute that task from the command line and instead follow these instructions:https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#importing-the-project-into-intellij-idea

2 Likes

hi @breskeby Thanks for Replying.. i also try that what u told but from that me getting error in build.gradle file where i got error in some import libraries and one class
Class run Extends Defaulttask..

and also got some error in import libraris of gradle/gradle.ide file....

Those imports cannot be resolved for some reason in the ide, but the general build logic works and all elasticsearch code should work. The groovy dsl used in the build is not perfectly supported by idea. There are vague plans to move to the Kotlin dsl which will make the ide experience for editing build files better but that's not yet scheduled yet.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.