{
    id: "1",
    eventName: "ShipmentPlanned"
},
{
    id: "2",
    eventName: "ShipmentLoaded"
}

I want to retrieve the docs where ids are having docs with eventName=ShipmentLoaded and Not having other docs with eventName=ShipmentPlanned
so the query will return only the last document with id=2 because it does have doc with eventName=ShipmentLoaded and does not have other doc with eventName=ShipmentPlanned

what kind of query that we can use to achieve this?

Hi @mostafaelsayed

I don't know how your mapping but if eventName is a keyword you can use Term query.

{
  "query": {
    "term": {
      "eventName": {
        "value": "ShipmentLoaded"
      }
    }
  }
}

Hi @RabBit_BR This will not work because it will also retrieve the doc with id=1 but I don't want to retrieve it because it has another doc with eventName=ShipmentPlanned

Sorry, I read it wrong.

Do you need the doc with id:2 or the docs "eventName": "ShipmentLoaded"?
Perhaps Field Collapsing could be an alternative.

What you are describing would be a join between records, which Elasticsearch does not support. You could however create a separate index using a transform where there is one document per id, which could likely support your query.

Hi @RabBit_BR as mentioned by @Christian_Dahlqvist I basically want a join query where eventName: ShipmentLoaded and for those documents ids we don't have another documents with eventName: ShipmentPlanned

Thanks @Christian_Dahlqvist I guess this will be a way to achieve this or another way from the application side by making two queries

That may work as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.