ElasticSearch Resiliency Set up on single machine

In use case given to me,I have single instance of elastic search running on one machine.I have to maintain multiple copies of my data on multiple disks on same machine (RAID1).I just want if one of my disk crashes then automatically queries start executing from 2nd disk. We are capturing snapshots of elastic search but in case of failure prev has to be de-attached and new has to be reattached. Is there any configuration in ES which can help me to achieve ultimate objective,that I am able to maintain consistent data across all disks and in case of failure of any one disk other is picked?

I think for the additional overhead required to construct this, you might as well just have a two node cluster.

Ok.If I am doing 2 node cluster set up on a machine then it will require two instances of ES,right?

Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic - ElasticSearch Cluster Set up on single machine

I'll leave this one open, but keep it in mind for the future :slight_smile:

I had a query here.Please check my comments.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.