ElasticSearch Rest High Level Client - Mustache Template Call API Support

Hello ,

I am trying to test Elasticsearch Rest Highlevel client 6.4 an the official build is not available in maven

I have tried to build locally and I get errors like
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file '/Users/swdev1/software/elasticsearch-6.4/benchmarks/build.gradle' line: 20

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ':benchmarks'.

Failed to apply plugin [id 'elasticsearch.build']
the environment variable JAVA_HOME must be set to a JDK installation directory for Java 1.10 but is [/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home] corresponding to [1.8]

My JAVA_HOME is set and exported. Please point if there is official build or how I can resolve the build error.

6.4.0 has not been released. Latest is 6.3.2.

I understand that 6.4.0 is not out but it's available for users to build and test against.

We have mustache templates what are setup in our ES environment and we want to take advantage of that. The only thing that is holding us back is that we don't have RestHighLevelClient API support to call Mustache template. There are options available to call end point for template but needs complex JSON formatting for request body.

There is plenty of support available if we use Transport Client or Node Client.
TransportClient is on its way out and NodeClient as different articles I read is not good for production environment. We see that 6.40 has support and integration with mustache and trying to find ways to see if there is version that is already build by someone with us needing to build it.
6. 4 RestHighLevelCleint Supports : searchTemplate(SearchTemplateRequest)

If nothing is available we would build 6.4 and test with or go with other java API

In docs we are saying:

If you are looking for a SNAPSHOT version, the Elastic Maven Snapshot repository is available at https://snapshots.elastic.co/maven/.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.