Elasticsearch results per page

(Akhil Prashar) #1

Hi guys, I want to display 20 results in a single page and then I want a next page option for next 20 results and so on. I shall be really thankful to you if you can help me with this.

(Abdon Pijpelink) #2

You can add from and size parameters to your search request which will determine the hits that will be returned. To get hits 0-20 set from equal to 0 and size to 20. To get the next page of results, set from to 20, and keep size at 20.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-request-from-size.html

Be careful of deep pagination and don't let your users go past the first 100 or so pages of search results. If you want to do that, take a look at search_after (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.5/search-request-search-after.html) or the scroll API (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-request-scroll.html).

(Akhil Prashar) #3

Hi Abdon, I am getting first 20 results. How should I jump to next page?

My code is below:

<?php use Elasticsearch\ClientBuilder; require('/home/akhil/Documents/june/elastic/vendor/autoload.php'); $hosts = ["http://localhost:9200"]; $clientBuilder = ClientBuilder::create(); // Instantiate a new ClientBuilder $clientBuilder->setHosts($hosts); // Set the hosts $client = $clientBuilder->build(); // Build the client object $params = array(); if(isset($_GET['search'])) { //echo "

search is set

"; if(isset($_GET['q'])) { $keyword=$_GET['q']; if(isset($_GET['from'])) { $from = $_GET['from']; } if(isset($_GET['to'])) { $to = $_GET['to']; } $from_year= date('Y', strtotime($from)); $from_month= date('m', strtotime($from)); $from_date = date('Y-m-d', strtotime($from)); $to_year = date('Y', strtotime($to)); $to_month= date('m', strtotime($to)); $to_date = date('Y-m-d', strtotime($to)); $indexes = array(); if($from_year == $to_year) { for($i=(int)$from_month; $i<=$to_month;$i++) { if($i<=9) { array_push($indexes,$from_year.'0'.$i); }else{ array_push($indexes,$from_year.$i); } } }else{ for($j=$from_year;$j<=$to_year;$j++) { if($j==$to_year) { for($i=1; $i<=$to_month;$i++) { if($i<=9) { array_push($indexes,$j.'0'.$i); }else{ array_push($indexes,$j.$i); } } }elseif($j==$from_year){ for($i=(int)$from_month; $i<=12; $i++) { if($i<=9) { array_push($indexes,$j.'0'.$i); }else{ array_push($indexes,$j.$i); } } }else{ for($i=1; $i<=12;$i++) { if($i<=9) { array_push($indexes,$j.'0'.$i); }else{ array_push($indexes,$j.$i); } } } } } $search_indexes=implode(",",$indexes); $params['index'] = $search_indexes; if($_GET['datasource'] != 'all') { $datasource = $_GET['datasource']; $params['type'] = $datasource; if(isset($_GET['datasourcefields'])) { $datasourcefields = $_GET['datasourcefields']; $params['body']['query']['bool']['should']['match'][$datasourcefields] = $keyword; }else{ #$params['body']['query']['match']['_all'] = $keyword; $params['body']['query']['bool']['should']['match']['_all'] = $keyword; } }else{ $params['body']['query']['bool']['should']['match']['_all'] = $keyword; } $from_time=$from." 00:00:00"; $to_time =$to." 23:59:59"; $params['body']['query']['bool']['must']['range']['created_at']=array('gte'=>$from_time,'lte'=>$to_time); $params['from'] = 0; $params['size'] = 20; $params['body']['sort'] = ['_score']; $results = $client->search($params); if(isset($results['hits'])) { $hits = $results['hits']; $rows = $hits['hits']; $result_page=""; foreach($rows as $row) { if($row['_type']=='facebook') { $str="
"; $str.= "

User ID:".$row['_source']['fb_user_id']."

"; $str.= "
Date:".$row['_source']['created_at']." Media:facebook
"; $str.= "
Sentiment Score:".$row['_source']['sentiment_score']."

Sentiment Category:".$row['_source']['sentiment_category']."

"; $result_page .=$str; } if($row['_type']=='youtube') { $str="
"; $str.= "

Title:".$row['_source']['title']."

Description:".$row['_source']['description']."

"; $str.= "
Date:".$row['_source']['created_at']." Media:youtube
"; $result_page .=$str; } if($row['_type']=='twitter') { $str="
"; $str.= "

Tweet:".$row['_source']['message']."

Source Name:".$row['_source']['name']."

Screen Name:".$row['_source']['screen_name']."

City:".$row['_source']['city']."

State:".$row['_source']['state']."

"; $str.= "
Date:".$row['_source']['created_at']." Media:twitter
"; $str.= "
Sentiment Score:".$row['_source']['sentiment_score']."

Sentiment Category:".$row['_source']['sentiment_category']."

"; $result_page .=$str; } //echo $str = $row->_source->title; } print $result_page; } } }else { } ?>

(Abdon Pijpelink) #4

Set from to 20

(Akhil Prashar) #5

Where should I write that? just below that?
like this :
$params['from'] = 0;
$params['size'] = 20;
$params['from'] = 20;
$params['size'] = 20;

(Abdon Pijpelink) #6

I'm not familiar with your code, but that looks OK.

(Akhil Prashar) #7

This doesn't seems to work, there is no option of navigating to another page. I am new to elasticsearch I am sorry if am doing any silly mistakes.

(Abdon Pijpelink) #8

This more of a challenge with your PHP code than with Elasticsearch. You need to create a link "Next page" that cause the next 20 hits to be returned from Elasticsearch. To get those next hits from Elasticsearch, just keep incrementing from by 20.

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.