Elasticsearch shutdown

Hello. Can you help with advice? I am still new to working with elasticsearch and do not know how to solve the problem.
There is a test server using elasticsearch - there is no load on it, I am the only active user. When elastic is running, the number of processes caused by the top command is a Java process. Elasticsearch works and everything is fine. But at some point in time, the process shuts down and the elastic stops working. The status of the cluster is green and all shards are distributed.
Tell me this is a problem with Java - does the garbage collector work, or does it itself fall asleep due to low activity?

Hi,

Please provide the following information:

1. elasticsearch version
  2. java version
  3. OS
    • name
    • version

Thanks.

Yes, of course:

1. "version" : {
    "number" : "1.0.1",
    "build_hash" : "5c03844e1978e5cc924dab2a423dc63ce881c42b",
    "build_timestamp" : "2014-02-25T15:52:53Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "4.6"
    }
  2. java version "1.6.0_38"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.10) (6b38-1.13.10-1~deb7u1)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
  3. Debian GNU/Linux 7

OMG!

• Elasticsearch 1.0.1
  • Java 1.6

I think it's urgent that you start something much more up to date.

Will this solve my problem? Just now everything works well, except for the fall described in the starting post. Therefore, I fear that I can break an already running system.

The way gc was working on Java6 changed a lot. Elasticsearch changed a lot as well.

I can't certify if this will fix your issue but for sure we are not maintaining or supporting such old versions.

Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.