Elasticsearch Snapshot

Hi Guys, I'm using elasticsearch Version "1.4.5" and "lucene_version" : "4.10.4" on elasticsearch cluster consist of 4 nodes. I want to take anapshot from this cluster, I have configured NFS server and made it available to all nodes, but when I take snapshot I'm recieving the following error and snpashot not completed successfully.
Note: the cluster status is green, sometimes I'm getting shard not found from kibana dashboard. any ideas to get rid of this error and make complete successfull snapshot
[2018-05-24 12:47:02,680][WARN ][snapshots ] [MAS-GSDB02-DR] [[logstash-2017.01.17][3]] [smartpass_es_repo:prod_masdar_logstash-2017.01.17_2018-05-24] failed to create snapshot
org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.IndexShardSnapshotFailedException: [logstash-2017.01.17][3] Failed to perform snapshot (index files)
at org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardRepository$SnapshotContext.snapshot(BlobStoreIndexShardRepository.java:503)
at org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardRepository.snapshot(BlobStoreIndexShardRepository.java:139)
at org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.IndexShardSnapshotAndRestoreService.snapshot(IndexShardSnapshotAndRestoreService.java:86)
at org.elasticsearch.snapshots.SnapshotsService$5.run(SnapshotsService.java:817)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /elasticsearch_snapshot/indices/logstash-2017.01.17/3/__0 (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(Unknown Source)
at org.elasticsearch.common.blobstore.fs.FsBlobContainer.createOutput(FsBlobContainer.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardRepository$SnapshotContext.snapshotFile(BlobStoreIndexShardRepository.java:555)
at org.elasticsearch.index.snapshots.blobstore.BlobStoreIndexShardRepository$SnapshotContext.snapshot(BlobStoreIndexShardRepository.java:501)
... 6 more

I doubt you will get help as this version is a way tooooooo old. At the very least you should use the latest 1.7 version available which "might" fix the problem.

But definitely you should upgrade to 6.2...

Given the index names that are reported, it looks like you might potentially have a large number of indices/shards, which might slow down or cause problems with snapshot creation.

but how some shards are missing while the cluster is green ?

I don’t know, and it does not help that you are using such an old version.

Any Ideas to get rid of this error?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.