Elasticsearch stuck in ApplyingChanges phase on Openshift

Hi!

We're running Openshift 4.11 and we've installed ECK 2.6.2. I start an Elasticsearch instance with this YAML code (copied from the quickstart doc):

cat <<EOF | oc apply -n 008ep-elk -f -
# This sample sets up an Elasticsearch cluster with an OpenShift route
apiVersion: elasticsearch.k8s.elastic.co/v1
kind: Elasticsearch
metadata:
  name: gbg
spec:
  version: 8.6.0
  nodeSets:
  - name: prod
    count: 1
    config:
      node.store.allow_mmap: false
EOF

The pod gets created and is up and running after a while:

$ oc get pods
NAME            READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
gbg-es-prod-0   1/1     Running   0          17m

Even when I go into the pod and check for health status, I get code green. So everything is working there. But the problem is that the status for Elasticsearch (under Operator) is still saying ApplyingChanges:

$ oc get elasticsearch
NAME   HEALTH    NODES   VERSION   PHASE             AGE
gbg    unknown   1       8.6.0     ApplyingChanges   16m

The question is if this has to do with the Readiness probe that failed for the elasticsearch pod?

I've installed ECK 2.6.2 using the operator hub, and then successfully created an Elasticsearch resource using the manifest you provided:

oc get es,pods
NAME                                             HEALTH   NODES   VERSION   PHASE   AGE
elasticsearch.elasticsearch.k8s.elastic.co/gbg   green    1       8.6.0     Ready   73s

NAME                READY   STATUS    RESTARTS   AGE
pod/gbg-es-prod-0   1/1     Running   0          71s

Could you look at the operator's logs to check if there's any error message? Also there may be more information in the Elasticsearch status subresource: oc get elasticsearch.elasticsearch.k8s.elastic.co/gbg --output=jsonpath='{ .status }'

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.