Elasticsearch TSDS and geo_point as dimension

We are migrating some data sources across to a new cluster, and we have some wireless metrics that count the number of connected devices on each floor of each building.

This seemed like an effective use case for TSDS, as the metrics are collected on a time interval and the dimensions can be related to the floor count metrics.

However, as a part of collection, we attach a geo_point location of the building to the document. I can't see any mention of geo_points as dimensions in TSDS - is anyone able to confirm that we're not able to use this?

There are a lot of benefits for using TSDS for this data stream, but also being able to plot the TSDS using geo_point would also be useful. I guess for now I will just implement as a normal index, but it could be a useful dimension when dealing with metrics.

However, as a part of collection, we attach a geo_point location of the building to the document. I can't see any mention of geo_points as dimensions in TSDS - is anyone able to confirm that we're not able to use this?

At the moment geo points can not be mapped as a dimension. I'm not aware of any reason why geo points couldn't be mapped as a dimension. I think support for this just needs to be added:

This answers the question, and I appreciate you opening a feature request. Many thanks @mvg.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.