Elasticsearch unable to parse date

Hi, I am getting following error on elasticsearch. Please help me to get rid off this error. I have hide the real ip info in below code.

[2019-07-31T22:37:58,459][DEBUG][o.e.a.b.TransportBulkAction] [IP ADDRESS] failed to execute pipeline [cloudflare-pipeline-weekly] for document [cloudflare/doc/null]
org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unable to parse date [2019-07-31T18:34:22Z]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.CompoundProcessor.newCompoundProcessorException(CompoundProcessor.java:194) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.CompoundProcessor.execute(CompoundProcessor.java:133) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.Pipeline.execute(Pipeline.java:100) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.IngestService.innerExecute(IngestService.java:481) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.IngestService.access$100(IngestService.java:70) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.IngestService$4.doRun(IngestService.java:410) [elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingAbstractRunnable.doRun(ThreadContext.java:751) [elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.AbstractRunnable.run(AbstractRunnable.java:37) [elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:835) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unable to parse date [2019-07-31T18:34:22Z]
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unable to parse date [2019-07-31T18:34:22Z]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.common.DateProcessor.execute(DateProcessor.java:99) ~[?:?]
	at org.elasticsearch.ingest.CompoundProcessor.execute(CompoundProcessor.java:123) ~[elasticsearch-7.1.1.jar:7.1.1]

Regards,
rlinux57

Hi Elastic Team,

Please update me on this thread.

Regards,
Usama Tariq | Linux System Admin

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/7.0/date_nanos.html

This forum is manned by volunteers and offers no SLA or guarantee of a response. You therefore need to be patient and leave a few days before bumping your thread. The more detail you provide about your config and problem the better the chance is to get a response.

2 Likes

Thank you for your valuable response, I have fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.