Elasticsearch upgrade from 2.4.6 to 7.x

Hi. Arunava here.

Im trying to upgrade elasticsearch 2.4.6 to 7.17.x

Im new to elasticsearch. I would appreciate some pointers.

The 7.17 stack is ready. and there is a task defined which tries to bulk insert the data using the elasticsearch pyclient.

and that is failing. saying
pipeline with id [open] not defined

Now. As i understand, pipelines werent introduced in 2.x version. But for some reason the data is modified in the code to introduce pipeline: open key:value pair.

I want to understand what might this is used for in elasticsearch 2.4

Any pointers. Will be much appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Please lmk if i posted in a wrong place or anything else relating to community guidelines. Thanks.

Update: We are not using the ELK stack.

elasticsearch 2.4.6 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Welcome!

Apparently you have an ingest pipeline in version 2.x which you need to add as well in 7.17.
Could you check that?

Thanks for getting back. But as i go through the elasticsearch docs. I dont see any concept of ingest pipeline defined in 2.x. What am i missing?

also in case ingest pipelines can be defined. What is the command to check cause.

_ingest feature isnt introduced in 2.x

Ha right!

I don't know where this pipeline is defined. In your application? In the Index settings?

You can always define an empty pipeline which has no processors.

It was in the code. Found it. Can you tell me if theres a way to change this keyword?
Like pipeline:open is triggering an ingest pipeline. if i can make the keyword something else. like _pipeline or something else. cause else i would need to change production data.

I don't understand. You just need to remove that call from your code.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.