Enabled JAVAAPM agent to my app in docker but i cant see it in kibana under apm services

Hi
I enabled APM AGENT to my apps in docker on agent side
Elastic APM server is available: {"ok":{"build_date":"2019-01-24T10:23:10Z","build_sha":"7357ed8334b76d54c5b9a75f1e7c4cb7b308880e","version":"6.6.0"}}

but not able to see under apm services

and also side side i enabled on my another app in ec2 that is perfectly working fine

please help

Hi and thanks for using the Elastic APM Java agent :slight_smile:

Could it be a similar issue as How to use apm agent for hybris application?

If not, please the troubleshooting section and upload the agent logs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/apm/agent/java/current/trouble-shooting.html

Thanks,
Felix

Elastic APM server is available: {"ok":{"build_date":"2019-01-24T10:23:10Z","build_sha":"7357ed8334b76d54c5b9a75f1e7c4cb7b308880e","version":"6.6.0"}}

I need some more logs than that :wink:

Before you edited your post, you there was a validation error? Do you still get that error?

Also, which application frameworks and which application server are you using?

Thanks,
Felix

hey thanks for reply the validation error was for different application and that is done

Problem is that

My application doesnot throw any error i can see the logs in apm* index for that particular service

but it dont see any services in APM services tab

and also in dashboard tab
i could see those services but no transactions for and this is happening for applications in docker(k8)

And regarding logs i am not getting any logs as such related to this issue no agent as well as apm-server side

Thanks

In The APM Tab or the Dashboards?

Try setting apm-* to the default index pattern

Dashboards Check this?

HI

I also tried setting apm* as default index and is it necessary to set up metricbeat for elasticapm?

i can see data in dasboards section but not in Services Section

Hi Shailesh,

APM UI should display all services that send transactions or errors to Elasticsearch (via APM Server).

Can you see any documents in Discover if you filter by service name?

context.service.name : "my-service-name"

You can also try running the following query in Kibana Dev Tools. It will find all error and transaction documents, and aggregate them on the service name:

GET apm-*/_search
{
  "size": 0,
  "query": {
    "bool": {
      "filter": [
        {
          "terms": {
            "processor.event": [
              "transaction",
              "error"
            ]
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  },
  "aggs": {
    "services": {
      "terms": {
        "field": "context.service.name",
        "size": 500
      }
    }
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.