ERROR: bootstrap checks failed

Hi,

I have installed latest version of Elasticsearch on Linux machine. With default settings (localhost) service is starting fine but when I change network.host to hostname or IPV4 or IPV6 service is failing.

Configuration from elasticsearch.yml:
cluster.name: TEST
node.name: QICTEST
path.data: /opt/app/data
path.logs: /opt/app/logs
network.host: 192.168.58.68

[2017-02-06T14:46:07,064][INFO ][o.e.t.TransportService ] [prn-qictestproxy01] publish_address {192.168.58.68:9300}, bound_addresses {192.168.58.68:9300}
[2017-02-06T14:46:07,070][INFO ][o.e.b.BootstrapChecks ] [prn-qictestproxy01] bound or publishing to a non-loopback or non-link-local address, enforcing bootstrap checks
ERROR: bootstrap checks failed

I have not faced this issue in earlier version. Anything I'm missing from config side?

Thanks

Read https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/bootstrap-checks.html

I have gone through doc and question I have is about loopback.

Does your code expects /etc/hosts to be in specific format?

No and that's not your problem here.

Read the rest of the stacktrace and fix what is needed.
If you don't understand paste the full log.

@dadoonet i have been seeing all the posts and your replies. ALL of them refers to the URL https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/bootstrap-checks.html.

Please note, we have already gone through the documentation and the reason we are posting a question here is either I did not understand the document or that doesnt clearly say the steps to fix the issue.

So, if you would please try to help solving the problems rather pointing out the docs it will encourage everyone to use ES. You guys are the experts and developers of the product, we are merely users.

Appreciate your assistance.

But I don't see your question. Are you colleague of the original author of this post?

@dadoonet Please find my question here in this thread,

Can you stop crossposting then?

OK. I will stop.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.