Error installing logstash output plugin

Hello all,

I'm having a problem install the syslog output plugin to logstash 5.2.

After installing logstash using yum from a local rpm. I run this command: bin/logstash-plugin install logstash-output-syslog

However i get this output:
Validating logstash-output-syslog
Installing logstash-output-syslog
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.2.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.2.0' succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: SSLSocket#session= is not supported
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 2/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.2.0), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.2.0' succeeds before bundling.

Until 10 tries then it dies. At this point logstash won't even start saying it cant find the syslog file.

I am having the same problem, I am trying to install the logstash-input-jmx plugin. Initially I thought that I was having a proxy/firewall problem, but I have retried with (linux and windows) and a completely exposed machine (no proxy/no firewall connection to the internet) I get the following errors:
Installing logstash-input-jmx
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 1/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.2.1' succeeds before bundling.
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 2/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.2.1' succeeds before bundling.
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 3/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 4/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 5/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 6/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 7/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 8/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 9/10
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 10/10
Too many retries, aborting, caused by Bundler::InstallError
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.2.1), and Bundler cannot continue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.