Logstash 5.1.1 plugin install not working

I am new to elastic and doing a PoC project for logstash , elastic search and kibana with JVM monitoring with JMX. I am trying to install logstash-input-jmx and getting the below error. I tried with another plugin logstash-input-log4j and getting the same error. I think something simple is missing in my setup and hence none of the plugin install is working.

my JVM is : 1.8.111
logstash, elastic search and Kibana : 5.1.1

An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.1.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.1.1'` succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: SSLSocket#session= is not supported
Error Bundler::InstallError, retrying 10/10
An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.1.1), and Bundler cannot continue.
Make sure that `gem install logstash-core-event-java -v '5.1.1'` succeeds before bundling.
WARNING: SSLSocket#session= is not supported
Too many retries, aborting, caused by Bundler::InstallError
ERROR: Installation Aborted, message: An error occurred while installing logstash-core-event-java (5.1.1),
 and Bundler cannot continue.

I'm running into the same issue with trying to install the salesforce plugin. My suspicion is this has something to do with a version issue surrounding jruby and bundler but I have not been able to make it work.

I am also running into the same problem

got the same problem with logstash-output-syslog

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.