Error migrating after upgrading to 7.11

I just upgraded my Elasticsearch / Kibana from 7.10.2 to 7.11 and now Kibana logs the following error when trying to run the migration:

{
  "type": "log",
  "@timestamp": "2021-02-10T20:11:18+01:00",
  "tags": ["fatal", "root"],
  "pid": 122860,
  "message": "Error: Document \"71198d10-25cf-11eb-9cdc-7787ad093e5e\" has property \"ingest_manager_settings\" which belongs to a more recent version of Kibana [7.10.0]. The last known version is [undefined]\n    at /usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/document_migrator.js:254:27\n    at Array.find (<anonymous>)\n    at nextUnmigratedProp (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/document_migrator.js:240:21)\n    at applyMigrations (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/document_migrator.js:168:18)\n    at DocumentMigrator.transformAndValidate [as transformDoc] (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/document_migrator.js:154:43)\n    at /usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/document_migrator.js:50:19\n    at Immediate.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/saved_objects/migrations/core/migrate_raw_docs.js:65:17)\n    at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:461:21) {\n  data: {\n    type: 'ingest_manager_settings',\n    id: '71198d10-25cf-11eb-9cdc-7787ad093e5e',\n    attributes: {\n      agent_auto_upgrade: true,\n      package_auto_upgrade: true,\n      kibana_urls: [Array]\n    },\n    references: [],\n    migrationVersion: { ingest_manager_settings: '7.10.0' },\n    updated_at: '2020-11-13T16:44:05.088Z'\n  },\n  isBoom: true,\n  isServer: false,\n  output: {\n    statusCode: 422,\n    payload: {\n      statusCode: 422,\n      error: 'Unprocessable Entity',\n      message: 'Document \"71198d10-25cf-11eb-9cdc-7787ad093e5e\" has property \"ingest_manager_settings\" which belongs to a more recent version of Kibana [7.10.0]. The last known version is [undefined]'\n    },\n    headers: {}\n  }\n}"
}

For me the line "The last known version is [undefined]" looks like Kibana 7.11 can't determine its own version correctly and thinks 7.10.0 is newer?

Anyone else seeing this or has an idea why kibana thinks its version is undefined?

Is there anything else in the logs?
Does your browser show anything in the console?

This is the only line appearing in the log after the upgrade.
I ran the migration again, by deleting the .kibana_N+1 and .kibana_task_manager_N index, but only got the same log entry again.

The Webinterface only shows: "Kibana server is not ready yet".

I am getting many errors, everywhere, in Fleet, in Discover, Stack management etc.

@hermlam Please open a new topic with more information, include all Kibana server logs and screenshots of anything you see in the browser.

1 Like

I found the problem / solution.
I had "xpack.fleet.enabled: false" in my kibana.yml. The Errors message talks about "ingest_manager_settings", which is part of Fleet. After enabling it an deleting the .kibana_N+1 index, Kibana startet again.

Thank you @stephan13360 for letting us know!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.