Error on pipeline configuration with Java plugin

Hi. I wrote a filter plugin in Java named blob_to_clob_filter. When using it in a pipeline I get the following error:
[2019-08-23T11:20:38,254][DEBUG][logstash.plugins.registry] On demand adding plugin to the registry {:name=>"blob_to_clob_filter", :type=>"filter", :class=>LogStash::Filters::BlobToClobFilter}
[2019-08-23T11:20:38,285][FATAL][logstash.runner ] The given configuration is invalid. Reason: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
[2019-08-23T11:20:38,300][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit
The main class implements co.elastic.logstash.api.Filter
When running it in another machine i get
[2019-08-23T11:47:14,859][FATAL][logstash.runner ] The given configuration is invalid. Reason: Cannot start the Java plugin 'blob_to_clob_filter' in the Ruby execution engine. The Java execution engine is required to run Java plugins.
[2019-08-23T11:47:14,884][ERROR][org.logstash.Logstash ] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Logstash stopped processing because of an error: (SystemExit) exit
So maybe I have the same issue on the two machines.
How can I install the execution engine? One of the two machines has no internet access.

EDIT: it was a bug on the "Test and exit" mode, according to this topic on GitHub:

The java execution engine is enable by 'pipeline.java_execution: true' in logstash.yml (assuming you have a logstash version new enough to support it). It is on by default in v7.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.