Error running kibana for first time after install

Hello,

I have just fresh installed Ubuntu on my laptop so i can follow along a book on python data engineering. All i have installed so far is elasticsearch and kibana. When attempting to run kibana for the first time i get the error below.

usr/share/kibana$ bin/kibana
    fs.js:114
        throw err;
        ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/usr/share/kibana/config/kibana.yml'
        at Object.openSync (fs.js:443:3)
        at Object.readFileSync (fs.js:343:35)
        at readYaml (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@kbn/apm-config-loader/target/utils/read_config.js:27:52)
        at Object.exports.getConfigFromFiles (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@kbn/apm-config-loader/target/utils/read_config.js:52:22)
        at exports.loadConfiguration (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/@kbn/apm-config-loader/target/config_loader.js:33:38)
        at module.exports (/usr/share/kibana/src/apm.js:47:15)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/share/kibana/src/cli/dist.js:21:18)
        at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:778:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
        at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)

I have tried the solution from this thread: Kibana Upgrade to 7.8 : FATAL CLI ERROR Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory but i had no success.

The installation instructions in the book were exactly the same as the ones in here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/deb.html.

Any advice to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

What version of Kibana and Ubuntu are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.