Error start Logstash 5

Hello,
I just installed logstash 5 and when I run it with the following configuration I have an error message

/usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash -f /etc/logstash/conf.d -l /var/log/logstash --verbose --path.settings=/etc/logstash/

ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the console.
Sending Logstash logs to /var/log/logstash which is now configured via log4j2.properties.
2016-10-26 02:37:40,628 Api Webserver ERROR No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configuration: logging only errors to the console.

I do not see the problem

1 Like

I found the problem it was because of my input-twitter ...

I have the same problem but under Windows
Log4j file is not find, but it exist in E:/MCO/TDB/bin/logstash-5.0.0/config/log4j2.properties

The log show an error on "java.net.UnknownHostException: E".
It seems that E is the drive of the log4j path.

C:\Users\hugues>E:\MCO\TDB\bin\logstash-5.0.0\bin\logstash -f "E:\MCO\TDB\Datasource\StoZ_Batch\test.conf"
ERROR StatusLogger Unable to access file://E:/MCO/TDB/bin/logstash-5.0.0/config/log4j2.properties
 java.net.UnknownHostException: E
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.impl.FtpClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.impl.FtpClient.tryConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.impl.FtpClient.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.ftp.impl.FtpClient.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getInputFromUri(ConfigurationFactory.java:299)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:234)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.ConfigurationFactory$Factory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:433)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:237)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.Configurator.initialize(Configurator.java:157)
        at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.Configurator.initialize(Configurator.java:130)

This is a bug tracked here https://github.com/elastic/logstash/issues/6369