Logstash in windows

Hi Folks
I am a newbie here and all I am trying to do is find a way to see if logstash is able to read my files and is it able to parse it correctly. I took a basic config file from internet and trying to run logstash with it. My log files are bunch of apache2 access and http logs.

My concerns are I am getting following message and it just stops without showing any further help or signs of processing my log files

C:\Lostash\logstash-5.0.1\bin>logstash.bat -f Base.config --verbose
Using JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101 retrieved from C:\ProgramData
\Oracle\java\javapath\java.exe
JAVA_OPTS was set to [ -Xmx1g -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSP
arallelRemarkEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -XX:CMSIniti
atingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutO
fMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath="$LS_HOME/heapdump.hprof"]. Logstash will trust th
ese options, and not set any defaults that it might usually set
ERROR StatusLogger No log4j2 configuration file found. Using default configurati
on: logging only errors to the console.
Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /Lostash/logstash-5.0.1/config/log4j
2.properties. Using default config which logs to console
11:57:53.141 [[main]-pipeline-manager] INFO logstash.pipeline - Starting pipeli
ne {"id"=>"main", "pipeline.workers"=>4, "pipeline.batch.size"=>125, "pipeline.b
atch.delay"=>5, "pipeline.max_inflight"=>500}
11:57:53.156 [[main]-pipeline-manager] INFO logstash.pipeline - Pipeline main s
tarted
11:57:53.328 [Api Webserver] INFO logstash.agent - Successfully started Logstas
h API endpoint {:port=>9600}

Any help to fix this issue. I just want to see if logstash is able to read my logs and if yes it should show me how does it parse them on my screen

Config file I am using is :slight_smile:
input {
file {
path => "C:\Logs\apache2*.*"
start_position => beginning
}
}

output {
stdout { }
}

Please search the archives for sincedb_path and ignore_older to find old threads covering this exact topic.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.