Error(Unsupported Unknown Elasticsearch version 6.1.1) during Hive and elasticsearch connectivity

Hi All,

I would like to push data into elastic search using hive. I am creating an external table using "org.elasticsearch.hadoop.hive.EsStorageHandler". When I am trying to insert data in this table, I am getting error as below-

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: org.elasticsearch.hadoop.EsHadoopIllegalArgumentException: Unsupported/Unknown Elasticsearch version 6.1.1
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.createBucketFiles(FileSinkOperator.java:564)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FileSinkOperator.process(FileSinkOperator.java:663)

Could you please help me , what I am missing for the connectivity?

Hadoop and elastic search versions are-
Hadoop Version - Hadoop 2.7.0-mapr-1707
Elastic Search Version - 6.1.1
Jar used to connect -elasticsearch-hadoop-6.1.1.jar

I would double check and make sure that there are no other versions of the ES-Hadoop jar on the classpath that might have snuck in. The only reason that you might be seeing this is if you are running on a version of ES-Hadoop in the 5.x line or lower.

Thanks James! Issue was related jar only!!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.