Error Uploading Template to Elasticsearch

Hi.
I'm adding the 7.12.1 template to our elasticsearch cluster. However, I'm getting this error:

Exiting: error loading template: could not load template. Elasticsearch returned: couldn't load template: 400 Bad Request: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]","caused_by":{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]"}},"status":400}. Response body: {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"Failed to parse mapping [_doc]: No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]","caused_by":{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"No handler for type [flattened] declared on field [metadata]"}},"status":400}.

I've read elsewhere that this is caused by the oss release not supporting the flattened type. However, we're running elasticsearch with a basic license. Would appreciate some guidance here :slight_smile:

Thx
D

1 Like

Hi!

I'm not sure what could be the actual root cause but usually when I hit issues like this I used to delete old mappings/templates and try again so as to avoid hitting tricky override issues.

Hope that it could help.

Hi,
The template names are different and so can't be clashing with one another.

@ChrsMark to be a little clearer. This is a new install and we haven't been writing to the filebeat-* index pattern before. So there shouldn't be any mapping clash problems to account for.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.