Error when trying to create a TransportClient with 6.0.0-alpha2

Hi all,

I'm trying to play with version 6.0.0-alph2 and get this exception when trying to create a new TransportClient :

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/search/postingshighlight/CustomSeparatorBreakIterator
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchModule.setupHighlighters(SearchModule.java:576)
at org.elasticsearch.search.SearchModule.(SearchModule.java:282)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.buildTemplate(TransportClient.java:139)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.(TransportClient.java:259)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:125)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:111)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.client.PreBuiltTransportClient.(PreBuiltTransportClient.java:101)

But after looking into Lucene 7 sources, I see that this class is in package org.apache.lucene.search.uhighlight.

Should be a bug in the new version or I'm doing something wrong ?

Sorry not answering to the direct question but I'd like to highlight here that the Transport Client is going to be deprecated. The High Level REST client should be the one you should try instead.

You might hit the same issue though. If so, may I ask you a reproduction code so we can better understand in which context this is happening?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.