Error with IIS Dashboards [ 7.10.2 ]

Hello!

I am trying to monitor an IIS with metricbeat and filebeat.

When I do the setup and start the agent, it starts collecting metrics and logs correctly but, the dashboards do not show the collected information as expected. They show a peak with the correct data and then immediately stop displaying data.

This happens with most of the default dashboards visualizations but it happens mainly with
[ Metricbeat IIS] Application Pool Overview.

I attach a couple of examples.

When I run " .\metricbeat.exe -e" the logs do not show any error until after a while it shows the following error and then the logs comes out correctly.

ERROR	runtime/iface.go:260	recovered from panic while fetching 'iis/application_pool' for host ''. Recovering, but please report this.	{"panic": 
"interface conversion: interface {} is nil, not float64", "stack": "github.com/elastic/beats/v7/libbeat/logp.Recover\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/logp/global.go:101\n
runtime.gopanic\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/panic.go:969\nruntime.panicdottypeE\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/iface.go:260\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/x-pack/metricbeat/module/iis/
application_pool.getProcessIds\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/x-pack/metricbeat/module/iis/application_pool/reader.go:267\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/x-pack/metricbeat/module/
iis/application_pool.(*Reader).mapEvents\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/x-pack/metricbeat/module/iis/application_pool/reader.go:161\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/x-pack/metricbe
at/module/iis/application_pool.(*Reader).read\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/x-pack/metricbeat/module/iis/application_pool/reader.go:151\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/x-pack/met
ricbeat/module/iis/application_pool.(*MetricSet).Fetch\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/x-pack/metricbeat/module/iis/application_pool/application_pool.go:76\ngithub.com/elastic/b
eats/v7/metricbeat/mb/module.(*metricSetWrapper).fetch\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/metricbeat/mb/module/wrapper.go:256\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/metricbeat/mb/module.(*me
tricSetWrapper).startPeriodicFetching\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/metricbeat/mb/module/wrapper.go:234\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/metricbeat/mb/module.(*metricSetWrapper).r
un\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/beats/metricbeat/mb/module/wrapper.go:208\ngithub.com/elastic/beats/v7/metricbeat/mb/module.(*Wrapper).Start.func1\n\t/go/src/github.com/elastic/bea
ts/metricbeat/mb/module/wrapper.go:147"}

This is my iis.yml file from iis metricbeat module

# Module: iis
# Docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/7.10/metricbeat-module-iis.html

- module: iis
  metricsets:
    - webserver
    - website
    - application_pool
  enabled: true
  period: 10s
 # filter on application pool names
 # application_pool.name: [""]

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.