Errors attemping to compile filebeat 6.3 in AIX with bullfreeware gccgo

Hello!

I'm trying to compile filebeat 6.3 on AIX.

I have faced a few error which I have been able to solve searching over the net but I got a few ones about I cannot find anything.

The environment:
I'm running AIX 7.1 with the following go related packages:

• gcc-go-8.3.0-1.ppc
  • libgo-8.3.0-1.ppc
  • libgo-devel-8.3.0-1.ppc

The GOROOT variable its pointing to /opt/freeware/lib/go/8.3.0/powerpc-ibm-aix7.1.0.0/go

When I try to make from filebeat directory either with make or with go build I have the following errors:

# github.com/elastic/beats/vendor/github.com/elastic/go-txfile
../vendor/github.com/elastic/go-txfile/file.go:70:15: error: reference to undefined field or method 'Lock'
  if err = file.Lock(true, true); err == nil {
               ^
../vendor/github.com/elastic/go-txfile/vfs.go:27:8: error: use of undefined type 'osFileState'
  state osFileState
        ^
../vendor/github.com/elastic/go-txfile/file.go:72:21: error: argument 1 has incompatible type (missing method 'Lock')
   f, err = openWith(file, opts)

I also have:

# github.com/elastic/beats/vendor/github.com/fatih/color
    ../vendor/github.com/fatih/color/color.go:21:12: error: reference to undefined identifier 'isatty.IsTerminal'
       (!isatty.IsTerminal(os.Stdout.Fd()) && !isatty.IsCygwinTerminal(os.Stdout.Fd()))
                ^

But about this one I read in the following post https://discuss.elastic.co/t/attempting-to-compile-filebeat-in-aix/143378/3 that this error is from tests for windows so I'm just ignoring it.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Should I try to compile another version or its a issue with the compiler?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Update:

The issue seems to happen when attemping to compile filebeat 6.3 with go 1.10.

I have downloaded Filebeat 6.2 and now the only error I got is the one cited at https://discuss.elastic.co/t/attempting-to-compile-filebeat-in-aix/143378/3 where @pierhugues says that its a dependency defined by their test helpers.

Anyone know how to solve this one? In the post he says nothing about.

Thank you in advance

Update:
Well I was able to pass the test after modify some code

I modified the line of the ../vendor/github.com/fatih/color/color.go which caused the issue to:

NoColor = false

This solved the issue.. but seems that I'm having now another one so I get the following error:

github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/cmd

../libbeat/cmd/keystore.go:193:23: error: reference to undefined identifier 'terminal.ReadPassword'
keyValue, err = tml.ReadPassword(int(syscall.Stdin))

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.