Errors not getting labels from spans

Kibana version: 7.2.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.2.0

APM Server version: 7.2.0

APM Agent language and version: JavaScript agent version 4.5.1

Browser version: Safari 13.0.3

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: From NPM

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Upgraded

Is there anything special in your setup? We're using the hosted version of Elastic, but other than that, nothing special.

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant):

Steps to reproduce:

1. Initialise the APM agent
  2. Start a span using the agent's startSpan() method
  3. Add a label to the span: span.addLabels({'my_label': 'my value'})
  4. Cause an error to be raised during the span so it is captured by the error handler installed by the APM agent

Expected behaviour: Since the error occurs during a span, it should be associated with that span and inherit the label my_label from that span.

Actual behaviour: The error is not associated with that span when viewed in Kibana, and does not have any labels.

Hi Alex,

Right now the RUM agent does not support copying over span information to the errors at the moment. I have created an issue https://github.com/elastic/apm-agent-rum-js/issues/476 as an enhancement request and will update the issue with more details.

Thanks,
Vignesh

Thanks for doing that for me!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.