Errors while uploading data into elasticsearch

I have already created a mapping for my index that is pmufin and have been trying to upload a json document of 16MB. I am using virtual box. Whenever i try to upload data from Postman or just use curl command i get errors like 400 or 406. I have tried every possibility from using bulk api and doing everything back and forth. Anyone having any idea how to make this work?

Please don't post pictures of text, they are difficult to read and some people may not be even able to see them.

I think it's pretty visible and uploaded the screenshot of the screen because it explains the scenario i am trying to describe better.

The commad that I using here is

prabhav@prabhav-VirtualBox:~/Downloads$ curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-ndjson' -XPOST 'localhost:9200/pmufin/pmuonline/_bulk?pretty' --data-binary @"home/prabhav/Downloads/csvjson.json"

The reason the directory is at Downloads because the file csvjson.json is stored in Downloads.

The error I am getting is:-
Warning: Couldn't read data from file "home/prabhav/Downloads/csvjson.json",
Warning: this makes an empty POST.
{
"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "parse_exception",
"reason" : "request body is required"
}
],
"type" : "parse_exception",
"reason" : "request body is required"
},
"status" : 400
}
Sometimes i also get error 406.
I have tried every way possible to resolve the issue and used everything but always end up getting either of the errors or parsing errors.

I'd probably use /home/prabhav/Downloads/csvjson.json

I just tried /home/prabhav/Downloads/csvjson.json
But this still gives me the same error.

The error message you're getting is here:

Couldn't read data from file "home/prabhav/Downloads/csvjson.json",

This means it can't read the file. Maybe it's the wrong filename, maybe it's a permission problem, maybe it's something else entirely. You'll need to fix this yourself, sorry, we can't work out how to make this file readable.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.