ES 5.3.1 - content_type cannot be user-specified

(Christer) #1

Hi, when spinning up an empty ES instance v5.3.1 everything works fine, after indexing some stuff, and letting it run - adding some templates, mapping templates e.e - when i shut down the instance (CTRL+C) and try to start it again i get the following exception:

Any idea why ?

4) Error injecting constructor, ElasticsearchException[java.io.IOException: failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: IOException[failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: ParsingException[[stored script source] failed to parse field [options]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[content_type cannot be user-specified];
  at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState.<init>(Unknown Source)
  while locating org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState
for parameter 4 at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayService.<init>(Unknown Source)
  while locating org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayService
Caused by: ElasticsearchException[java.io.IOException: failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: IOException[failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: ParsingException[[stored script source] failed to parse field [options]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[content_type cannot be user-specified];
    at org.elasticsearch.ExceptionsHelper.maybeThrowRuntimeAndSuppress(ExceptionsHelper.java:150)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaDataStateFormat.loadLatestState(MetaDataStateFormat.java:334)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaStateService.loadGlobalState(MetaStateService.java:113)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaStateService.loadFullState(MetaStateService.java:57)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState.<init>(GatewayMetaState.java:88)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:408)
    at ...

(Colin Goodheart-Smithe) #2

Unfortunately you have hit this bug: https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/24251

The bug has been fixed and the fix will be available in the forthcoming 5.3.2 release

(Christer) #3

Any releaseplan for 5.3.2 ? Its a new system, and we are soon to go into production! So either i need to downgrade, or i can hold on if the update comes within next week.
Which version is not affected by this bug ?

(Colin Goodheart-Smithe) #4

sorry but it's our policy not to publish release dates ahead of time, but 5.3.2 will be out very soon

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.