ES 5.3.1 - content_type cannot be user-specified

Hi, when spinning up an empty ES instance v5.3.1 everything works fine, after indexing some stuff, and letting it run - adding some templates, mapping templates e.e - when i shut down the instance (CTRL+C) and try to start it again i get the following exception:

Any idea why ?

4) Error injecting constructor, ElasticsearchException[java.io.IOException: failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: IOException[failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: ParsingException[[stored script source] failed to parse field [options]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[content_type cannot be user-specified];
  at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState.<init>(Unknown Source)
  while locating org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState
for parameter 4 at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayService.<init>(Unknown Source)
  while locating org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayService
Caused by: ElasticsearchException[java.io.IOException: failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: IOException[failed to read [id:20, legacy:false, file:D:\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-5.3.1\data\nodes\0\_state\global-20.st]]; nested: ParsingException[[stored script source] failed to parse field [options]]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[content_type cannot be user-specified];
    at org.elasticsearch.ExceptionsHelper.maybeThrowRuntimeAndSuppress(ExceptionsHelper.java:150)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaDataStateFormat.loadLatestState(MetaDataStateFormat.java:334)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaStateService.loadGlobalState(MetaStateService.java:113)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.MetaStateService.loadFullState(MetaStateService.java:57)
    at org.elasticsearch.gateway.GatewayMetaState.<init>(GatewayMetaState.java:88)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:408)
    at ...

Unfortunately you have hit this bug: https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/pull/24251

The bug has been fixed and the fix will be available in the forthcoming 5.3.2 release

Any releaseplan for 5.3.2 ? Its a new system, and we are soon to go into production! So either i need to downgrade, or i can hold on if the update comes within next week.
Which version is not affected by this bug ?

sorry but it's our policy not to publish release dates ahead of time, but 5.3.2 will be out very soon

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.