ES 7.5.1 exception while generating certificates

Hello,

I am following this guide in order to get SSL installed:

When I reach to point 2-4 and run the following command:
bin/elasticsearch-certutil cert ca --pem --in ~/tmp/cert_blog/instance.yml --out ~/tmp/cert_blog/certs.zip

I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.XContentParseException: [1:1] [certgen] unknown field [nstances], parser not found
        at org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.ObjectParser.lambda$errorOnUnknown$2(ObjectParser.java:93)
        at org.elasticsearch.common.xcontent.ObjectParser.parse(ObjectParser.java:235)
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.security.cli.CertificateTool.parseFile(CertificateTool.java:919)
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.security.cli.CertificateTool.parseAndValidateFile(CertificateTool.java:888)
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.security.cli.CertificateTool$CertificateCommand.getCertificateInformationList(CertificateTool.java:399)
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.security.cli.CertificateTool$GenerateCertificateCommand.execute(CertificateTool.java:685)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:125)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:77)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:125)
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.security.cli.CertificateTool.main(CertificateTool.java:137)

Can anybody help please?
Thanks

HI, welecome

Can you provide your instance.yml file please ?

PS : you can use markdown language to format logs it makes it easier to read use ```

I am so sorry, there was a typo in instances.yml... My apologies!

Yes you missed the "i" that's what i thought

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.