ES and logstash are nit working well with each other

Hi,

I am, rather concerned that ES is not working with logstash index server.

I start logstash index server like this:

/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f
/usr/local/share/logstash.indexer.config

Using milestone 2 input plugin 'redis'. This plugin should be stable, but
if you see strange behavior, please let us know! For more information on
plugin milestones, see
http://logstash.net/docs/1.4.1/plugin-milestones{:level=>:warn}
log4j, [2014-05-29T00:33:12.473] WARN: org.elasticsearch.discovery:
[logstash-do-logstash-sf-development-20140527082230-2162-2010] waited for
30s and no initial state was set by the discovery
Exception in thread ">output"
org.elasticsearch.discovery.MasterNotDiscoveredException: waited for [30s]
at
org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction$3.onTimeout(org/elasticsearch/action/support/master/TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:180)
at
org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$NotifyTimeout.run(org/elasticsearch/cluster/service/InternalClusterService.java:492)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(java/lang/Thread.java:744)

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
host => "redis.queue.do.development.sf.test.com"
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
host => "eslogs.do.development.sf.test.com"
}
}

Yes..ES us running and Yes ports are open for logstash

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpLhKKFPv%2BZ_JpwiR%3DuNUJLrjm7PGQ0z6dR%2BF04dBytyQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

You should take this to the LS group for the best response :slight_smile:

But, is ES running?

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: markw@campaignmonitor.com
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 29 May 2014 14:43, David Montgomery davidmontgomery@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

plugin milestones, see Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic
at
org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction$3.onTimeout(org/elasticsearch/action/support/master/TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:180)
at
org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$NotifyTimeout.run(org/elasticsearch/cluster/service/InternalClusterService.java:492)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
}
}

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpLhKKFPv%2BZ_JpwiR%3DuNUJLrjm7PGQ0z6dR%2BF04dBytyQ%40mail.gmail.comhttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpLhKKFPv%2BZ_JpwiR%3DuNUJLrjm7PGQ0z6dR%2BF04dBytyQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CAEM624ZwKqR32YuDFhkXmHFKqGciXkZ4WQ437Sn78Mwyd6Yhxg%40mail.gmail.com.

PS...and how is this possible????? I feel so bad I bought the kindle
logstash book:(

I changed to host rather than bind host. I mean..wow..I have ports open.
See? ufw satus ===> 9200:9400/tcp ALLOW
my.logstash.ipaddress

I have ES running
service elasticsearch status

• elasticsearch is running

/usr/local/share/logstash.indexer.configUsing milestone 2 input plugin
'redis'. This plugin should be stable, but if you see strange behavior,
please let us know! For more information on plugin milestones, see
Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic {:level=>:warn}
org.elasticsearch.transport.BindTransportException: Failed to bind to
[9300-9400]
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/netty/NettyTransport.java:380)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.component.AbstractLifecycleComponent.start(org/elasticsearch/common/component/AbstractLifecycleComponent.java:85)
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/TransportService.java:92)
at
org.elasticsearch.common.component.AbstractLifecycleComponent.start(org/elasticsearch/common/component/AbstractLifecycleComponent.java:85)
at
org.elasticsearch.node.internal.InternalNode.start(org/elasticsearch/node/internal/InternalNode.java:229)
at
org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder.node(org/elasticsearch/node/NodeBuilder.java:166)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java/lang/reflect/Method.java:606)
at
RUBY.build_client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:198)
at
RUBY.client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:15)
at
RUBY.initialize(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:157)
at
RUBY.register(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:250)
at org.jruby.RubyArray.each(org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613)
at
RUBY.outputworker(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:220)
at
RUBY.start_outputs(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:152)

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM, David Montgomery <
davidmontgomery@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

at
at
at
at

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
}
}

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpwG%3D3n3PPpsqBhsDFTm9t9tbMTkhwNSAx%2BuForbGHgrg%40mail.gmail.com.

Before I give up on logstash..I now placed Elasticsearch on the same
server using the below.

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
bind_host => "127.0.0.1"
}
}

I get this erorr I am using 1.4.1for logstash and
0.90.9 for es.

'/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f
plugin milestones, see

log4j, [2014-05-29T11:18:31.923] WARN: org.elasticsearch.discovery:
[logstash-do-logstash-sf-development-20140527082230-16645-2010] waited for
at
at
at
at

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM, David Montgomery <davidmontgomery@gmail.com

wrote:

I changed to host rather than bind host. I mean..wow..I have ports open.
See? ufw satus ===> 9200:9400/tcp ALLOW
my.logstash.ipaddress

I have ES running

[9300-9400]
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/netty/NettyTransport.java:380)
at
at
org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/TransportService.java:92)
at
at
org.elasticsearch.node.internal.InternalNode.start(org/elasticsearch/node/internal/InternalNode.java:229)
at
org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder.node(org/elasticsearch/node/NodeBuilder.java:166)
at
RUBY.build_client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:198)
at
RUBY.client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:15)
at
RUBY.initialize(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:157)
at
RUBY.register(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:250)
at
at
RUBY.start_outputs(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:152)

Hi,

at
at
at
at

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
}
}

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpwPQuRkxD12GNp5eS_u5%3D%2Bdz-6f5Go1-pQtjnWa76iMg%40mail.gmail.com.

Elasticsearch output is using es 1.x IIRC. You can not mix versions.
You need to upgrade es or downgrade logstash or use elasticsearch HTTP output.

My 2 cents

--
David :wink:
Twitter : @dadoonet / @elasticsearchfr / @scrutmydocs

Le 29 mai 2014 à 17:21, David Montgomery davidmontgomery@gmail.com a écrit :

Before I give up on logstash..I now placed Elasticsearch on the same server using the below.

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
bind_host => "127.0.0.1"
}
}

0.90.9 for es.

'/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f /usr/local/share/logstash.indexer.config
Using milestone 2 input plugin 'redis'. This plugin should be stable, but if you see strange behavior, please let us know! For more information on plugin milestones, see Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic {:level=>:warn}
log4j, [2014-05-29T11:18:31.923] WARN: org.elasticsearch.discovery: [logstash-do-logstash-sf-development-20140527082230-16645-2010] waited for 30s and no initial state was set by the discovery
Exception in thread ">output" org.elasticsearch.discovery.MasterNotDiscoveredException: waited for [30s]
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction$3.onTimeout(org/elasticsearch/action/support/master/TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:180)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$NotifyTimeout.run(org/elasticsearch/cluster/service/InternalClusterService.java:492)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM, David Montgomery davidmontgomery@gmail.com wrote:
PS...and how is this possible????? I feel so bad I bought the kindle logstash book:(

I changed to host rather than bind host. I mean..wow..I have ports open. See? ufw satus ===> 9200:9400/tcp ALLOW my.logstash.ipaddress

I have ES running

/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f /usr/local/share/logstash.indexer.configUsing milestone 2 input plugin 'redis'. This plugin should be stable, but if you see strange behavior, please let us know! For more information on plugin milestones, see Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic {:level=>:warn}
Exception in thread ">output" org.elasticsearch.transport.BindTransportException: Failed to bind to [9300-9400]
at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.NettyTransport.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/netty/NettyTransport.java:380)
at org.elasticsearch.common.component.AbstractLifecycleComponent.start(org/elasticsearch/common/component/AbstractLifecycleComponent.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.transport.TransportService.doStart(org/elasticsearch/transport/TransportService.java:92)
at org.elasticsearch.common.component.AbstractLifecycleComponent.start(org/elasticsearch/common/component/AbstractLifecycleComponent.java:85)
at org.elasticsearch.node.internal.InternalNode.start(org/elasticsearch/node/internal/InternalNode.java:229)
at org.elasticsearch.node.NodeBuilder.node(org/elasticsearch/node/NodeBuilder.java:166)
at RUBY.build_client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:198)
at RUBY.client(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:15)
at RUBY.initialize(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch/protocol.rb:157)
at RUBY.register(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/outputs/elasticsearch.rb:250)
at RUBY.outputworker(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:220)
at RUBY.start_outputs(/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:152)

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM, David Montgomery davidmontgomery@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f /usr/local/share/logstash.indexer.config

Using milestone 2 input plugin 'redis'. This plugin should be stable, but if you see strange behavior, please let us know! For more information on plugin milestones, see Logstash: Collect, Parse, Transform Logs | Elastic {:level=>:warn}
log4j, [2014-05-29T00:33:12.473] WARN: org.elasticsearch.discovery: [logstash-do-logstash-sf-development-20140527082230-2162-2010] waited for 30s and no initial state was set by the discovery
Exception in thread ">output" org.elasticsearch.discovery.MasterNotDiscoveredException: waited for [30s]
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction$3.onTimeout(org/elasticsearch/action/support/master/TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:180)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$NotifyTimeout.run(org/elasticsearch/cluster/service/InternalClusterService.java:492)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(java/util/concurrent/ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
}
}

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpwPQuRkxD12GNp5eS_u5%3D%2Bdz-6f5Go1-pQtjnWa76iMg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7A285E35-E405-456B-B739-C47115D37312%40pilato.fr.

Use the HTTP output and save yourself some trouble.

Also, upgrade ES :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer
Campaign Monitor
email: markw@campaignmonitor.com
web: www.campaignmonitor.com

On 30 May 2014 01:38, David Pilato david@pilato.fr wrote:

Elasticsearch output is using es 1.x IIRC. You can not mix versions.
You need to upgrade es or downgrade logstash or use elasticsearch HTTP
output.

My 2 cents

--
David :wink:
Twitter : @dadoonet / @elasticsearchfr / @scrutmydocs

Le 29 mai 2014 à 17:21, David Montgomery davidmontgomery@gmail.com a
écrit :

Before I give up on logstash..I now placed Elasticsearch on the same
server using the below.

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
bind_host => "127.0.0.1"
}
}

0.90.9 for es.

'/usr/local/share/logstash-1.4.1/bin/logstash -f
{:level=>:warn}
log4j, [2014-05-29T11:18:31.923] WARN: org.elasticsearch.discovery:
[logstash-do-logstash-sf-development-20140527082230-16645-2010] waited for
at
at
at
at

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:15 PM, David Montgomery <

I changed to host rather than bind host. I mean..wow..I have ports
open. See? ufw satus ===> 9200:9400/tcp ALLOW
my.logstash.ipaddress

I have ES running

[9300-9400]
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at
at

Hi,

Using milestone 2 input plugin 'redis'. This plugin should be stable,
but if you see strange behavior, please let us know! For more information
on plugin milestones, see
at
at
at
at

Here is my config:

input {
redis {
data_type => "list"
key => "logstash"
codec => json
}
}

output {
stdout { }
elasticsearch {
}
}

So..whats the deal?

Thanks

--
"elasticsearch" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpwPQuRkxD12GNp5eS_u5%3D%2Bdz-6f5Go1-pQtjnWa76iMg%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CACF%2B8rpwPQuRkxD12GNp5eS_u5%3D%2Bdz-6f5Go1-pQtjnWa76iMg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
"elasticsearch" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7A285E35-E405-456B-B739-C47115D37312%40pilato.fr
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/7A285E35-E405-456B-B739-C47115D37312%40pilato.fr?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/CAEM624aEk8nEWphE6yEZQ9LtGGNBfq%3DB1Dm5ZSmjME-HmPRouQ%40mail.gmail.com.