Escalation of events logs

Hello Elastic community,
I've been struggling to find a way to identify what I like to call "escalations" in my dataset using the Kibana visualizations.

Basically I have event logs from several machines in our infrastructure that contain a field called "severity" with 5 different values/categories ["Normal", "Minor", "Warning", "Major", "Critical"].
What I want to do is create a visualization that easily identifies machines that have "escalating" severities over time.

I have attached a rudimentary picture as to what I imagine it could look like but I am open to other approaches as well.

In the picture you can see that Computer 3 and Computer 5 have this "escalation" I'm talking about where over time their log entries starting to increase in severity.

I think what you show in your drawing is possible, however based on your description I don't think that drawing captures what you are actually looking for? Based on your description I would think Computer X could have counts of multiple severities each month so a single data point for each month wouldn't tell the whole story. Correct?

If so then a multi-line chart may not be the best option for what you are trying to show.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.