I have couple questions about migration, can't find the information nowhere.
When the migration is in progress do I need to stop read write to my old cluster?
When the migration is done I can just connect to that new cluster and continue using it?
I mean all the indexes will be in place and new writing will be continuing to the same (new) indexes?
Can I stop the migration progress any time? can it somehow damage my old cluster/indexes?
Thank for the help.
Welcome to our community!
Can you clarify what ESM is?
Sorry with all those questions I forgot to mention it.
It's an Elasticsearch Migration Tool.
Elasticsearch cross version data migration.
Cross version Elasticsearch data migration with ESM](Dec 3rd, 2020: [EN] Cross version Elasticsearch data migration with ESM)
- Cross version migration supported
- Overwrite index name
- Copy index settings and mapping
- Support http basic auth
- Support dump index to local file
- Support loading index from local file
- Support http proxy
- Support sliced scroll ( Elasticsearch 5.0 +)
- Support run in background
- Generate testing data by randomize the source document id
- Support rename filed name
- Support unify document type name
- Support specify which _source fields to return from source
- Support specify query string query to filter the data source
- Support rename source fields while do bulk indexing
- Load generating with
That tool is written and maintained by an ex-Elastician and is not an official Elastic tool. You'd need to ask them how it handles the migration aspects.
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.