Esrally hangs dead

when I set bulk_indexing_clients equal to 500, esrally hangs dead, I need to set higher value of clients, how to solve?

Why do you need so many clients? What is the size of the cluster you are benchmarking? What is the specification of the host it is running on? Which track are you using?

Esrally is implemented in Python and uses a separate process per client. If you therefore want to use 500 clients you most likely need to run it in distributed mode.

Our elasticsearch cluster is a server with 50 SSD disks and currently uses esrally distributed pressure measurement,But I set bulk_indexing_clients equal to 500, esrally hangs dead, When I turned it down to 280 it worked perfectly.

What is the specification of the server you are benchmarking? What is the purpose of the benchmark? Which track are you using?

We are using the http_log data set for benchmarking, with a target throughput of 4 million documents per second.Is the bulk_indexing_clients setting limited?

I would recommend you start much lower and gradually increase the number of clients until you see no further throughput improvement. I would expect to be able to saturate a cluster using far rewear clients.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.