Exception in pipelineworker

Hi,
I have several times / day this exception on a oracle jdbc input :

[2018-03-16T03:30:29,368][ERROR][logstash.pipeline ] Exception in pipelineworker, the pipeline stopped processing new events, please check your filter configuration and restart Logstash. {"exception"=>"Closed Connection", "backtrace"=>["oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.needLine(oracle/jdbc/driver/PhysicalConnection.java:5389)"...

For the moment I don't undestand this problem with Oracle, So I trap this exception with a monit script which restarts the logstash process

But It looks like theses restarts make me lose messages.

So I enabled persistent queues in logstash (5.6.4) conf
But with theses perstistent queue enabled I meet this persistent error :

[2018-03-16T17:05:02,303][ERROR][logstash.pipeline ] Exception in pipelineworker, the pipeline stopped processing new events, please check your filter configuration and restart Logstash. {"exception"=>"comparison of String with LogStash::Timestamp failed", "backtrace"=>["org/jruby/RubyComparable.java:167:in<'", "org/jruby/RubyString.java:1889:in <'", "(eval):23763:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:in each'", "(eval):23761:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call'", "(eval):23780:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:in each'", "(eval):23775:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call'", "(eval):23796:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:in each'", "(eval):23791:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call'", "(eval):23813:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1613:in each'", "(eval):23808:ininitialize'", "org/jruby/RubyProc.java:281:in call'", "(eval):3949:infilter_func'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:398:in filter_batch'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:379:inworker_loop'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:342:in start_workers'"]}

Its weird, but if i disable persistent queues this error disappears

How can I dig with this issue ?

Reporting the exception as an issue in the project would be the best way to get it tracked down: https://github.com/elastic/logstash

I Found the root error who was in one of the filters

( if [date] < [string] { } )

It's confusing that the symptom of this mis-configuration appears only when persistent queues are activated.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.