Exception occurred java.lang.RuntimeException: Request cannot be executed; I/O reactor status: STOPPED

Exception occurred java.lang.RuntimeException: Request cannot be executed; I/O reactor status: STOPPED
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestClient.extractAndWrapCause(RestClient.java:831)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestClient.performRequest(RestClient.java:248)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestClient.performRequest(RestClient.java:235)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.internalPerformRequest(RestHighLevelClient.java:1514)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.performRequest(RestHighLevelClient.java:1484)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.performRequestAndParseEntity(RestHighLevelClient.java:1454)
        at org.elasticsearch.client.RestHighLevelClient.get(RestHighLevelClient.java:742)

Seeing this on Elasticsearch high level client 7.5.2

We are not using any aysnc queries . We are using synchronous queries to index documents like this

indexResponse = client.index(request, RequestOptions.DEFAULT);

The first time this issue occurs it looks like it stops the RestHighLevelClient instance and then all subsequent queries from this box fails .

I have seen other similar issue which talks about not handling onfailure methods with async requests . Here , i'm not using any async methods so not sure how to fix this .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@reddroid

you mentioned that once it failed first time, it continues to fail. I wanted to be sure that the error you list above is for that first failure and not one of the subsequent ones.