Exporting and importing Elastic data

Hello all,

I recently was using Elastic to do some testing. I exported the data from my running instance of Elastic using the Save, Share, Generate CSV method. I started up a new instance to continue working at home (the lab I was running it in had to wipe the one I was working on) but when I try to import the data by uploading a CSV, I get an error message about the field _index or _id already existing. I am essentially wanting to take the data I exported and re-import it but I cannot find anything on this subject. I want to have the filebeat index pattern applied to the file I want to upload and I cannot seem to figure out how to do that as well.

I am sure it something simple but I am stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, since no one could answer me, I did my own digging. You can't simply export CSV and reupload it. Those fields are generated when you upload data. I ended up using elasticdump (great tool) to export my data and re-import it.

Yeah. There's nothing OOTB to do this.
You can use also logstash.

I'd probably use instead a json format than CSV.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.