Facets & string query vs. match_all

Hi,

I recently played with facets and queries. What I saw is when building a
facet in a query matching amounts of docs, the facet count is erroneous.
This is visible when you click the facet.

For exemple, I look for people named Mike, and create a facet on zip_code
field. The facet will show up 1234 people matching on zip_code 75017. When
I add zip_code="75017", I get 1578 people matching.

Is there a way to have the right count at first query ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Yann

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Two options:
Ask for more Terms. It will reduce the chance to get a not complete count
Only send your docs in a single shard and compute only on that shard. You will have accurate results.

Another option is to display to user percentages and not absolute values! :wink:

HTH

David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr | @scrutmydocs

Le 30 mai 2013 à 10:48, Yann Barraud yann.barraud@gmail.com a écrit :

Hi,

I recently played with facets and queries. What I saw is when building a facet in a query matching amounts of docs, the facet count is erroneous. This is visible when you click the facet.

For exemple, I look for people named Mike, and create a facet on zip_code field. The facet will show up 1234 people matching on zip_code 75017. When I add zip_code="75017", I get 1578 people matching.

Is there a way to have the right count at first query ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Yann

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.