Facing permission issues on running up `elastic-package stack up`

Getting the below exception on running elastic-package stack up

ERROR: Elasticsearch exited unexpectedly
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/config/certs
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.asIOException(UnixException.java:115)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newDirectoryStream(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:477)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newDirectoryStream(Files.java:481)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.visit(FileTreeWalker.java:301)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.FileTreeWalker.next(FileTreeWalker.java:374)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2815)
	at org.elasticsearch.server@8.8.1/org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:233)
	at org.elasticsearch.server@8.8.1/org.elasticsearch.common.logging.LogConfigurator.configure(LogConfigurator.java:126)
	at org.elasticsearch.server@8.8.1/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.initPhase1(Elasticsearch.java:127)
	at org.elasticsearch.server@8.8.1/org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:62)

Hi.

Els is unable to start due to permission issue, specifically to this directory usr/share/elasticsearch/config/certs.

Please check the permissions with ls -l command and if necessary change the permissions using chown or chmod.

I would also check the disk space. Els may not be able to create necessary files.

After changes, restart with sudo systemctl restart elasticsearch

Thanks for your help, I have fixed it.

I'm running elastic stack on VSI, All the docker containers are running fine but i couldn't access KIBANA since all are running on 127.0.0.1, is there any way to change to 0.0.0.0 so that it can serve on floating ip.

Thanks in advance @PodarcisMuralis

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.