Failed to add 2nd ECE VM to cluster

I ran int the following issue adding a 2nd server to my ECE Cluster (v 1.01)

Error: Can't connect COORDINATOR_HOST [AH-ECE-POC01:2112]: Connection refused

bash: ./elastic-cloud-enterprise.sh --availability-zone "Auburn_Hills-02" --coordinator-host AH-ECE-POC01 --roles-token 'eyJ0e...truncated for post....7x3xrE-_w' --debug

There is no firewall between servers, both are on the same subnet, and can ping each other.
I verifed server 1 is running and I can access the ECE site.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi @Matthew_Bailey

Sorry that you're running into problems

It looks like one of two things is happening:

• The co-ordinator host isn't working properly (this would be bad)
  • Port 2112 is firewalled off by port

If the 1 host install appears to be working then the first is unlikely, that would be a catastrophic failure.

To confirm you could login to AH-ECE-POC01 and telnet AH-ECE-POC01 2112 to check it's accessible locally. If it works you'll get Escape character is '^]'.

Here's a couple of other commands you can run on the co-ordinator host:

[elastic@ip-192-168-44-10 ~]$ docker ps | grep 2112
4e7aa29e6f69        docker.elastic.co/cloud-ci/elastic-cloud-enterprise:1.0.0   "/sbin/my_init"          13 days ago         Up 13 days          0.0.0.0:2112->2112/tcp                                                                                 frc-directors-director
[elastic@ip-192-168-44-10 ~]$ netstat -nap | grep 2112
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp6       0      0 :::2112                 :::*                    LISTEN      -                   

Assuming it is, you can then confirm there is a connectivity issue by logging onto the 2nd server and trying the same telnet command. If that fails (but ping works) then it must be firewall/iptables problem

Alex

It turns out the cordinator host wasn't working correctly. The solution was to uninstall ECE on both servers (cordinator host and new host) and reinstall.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.