Failed to connect to backoff elasticsearch with Metricbeat

Hello all,

I'm a begginer withl ELK, so please be kind :slight_smile:

I make a moke-up to centralize logs with ELK. I have one server where ELK is installed, one firewall (Stomrshield) and one pc client.

With ELK I receive and treat the logs sent by the firewall. I installed also Metricbeat on the same server to have more data about the trafic outband, inband, cpu, etc. It works.

Then, I would like to install Metricbeat on the pc client.

**Below my Metricbeat's configuration : (metricbeat.yml) **

###################### Metricbeat Configuration Example #######################

This file is an example configuration file highlighting only the most common

options. The metricbeat.reference.yml file from the same directory contains all the

supported options with more comments. You can use it as a reference.

Hi @xavtauran

Welcome to using the Elastic stack! :slight_smile:

For some reason the metricbeat.yml config that you tried to post above didn't come through. Maybe try escaping it between ``` and ``` so it is formatted properly?

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could post any log output from Metricbeat as well.

Finally, please let us know which versions of Metricbeat and Elasticsearch you are using.

Thanks!

Shaunak

Hello Shaunak,

Thank you for your reply.

You will find in attachment, the Metricbeat's configuration, Elasticsearch's configuration and the Metricbeat's logs.

I use Elasticsearch version 6.4.2 and Metricbeat version 6.4.2.

The ip adress of my ELK server is 192.168.22.200 and my pc client where Metricbeat is installed, is 192.168.30.100.

I think I found the problem. When I tape **netstat -anp | grep 9200 **on my ELK server, the port 9200 is in Listening only for the adress ip 127.0.0.1.

You will find in attachment the result of this command. (netstat-anp.jpg)

So, I think the problem come to the config file elasticsearch.yml. (Maybe the line network.host, idk).

Any solutions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Xavier

Le mer. 7 nov. 2018 à 11:15, Xav Tauran xav.tauran@gmail.com a écrit :

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.