Failed to execute action [email_watch/send _email]

Hi,

I am facing issue in elasticsearch, can anyone help me out to solve this issue?
Basically I am using company email.

elasticsearch.yml

xpack.notification.email.account:
    outlook_account:
        profile: outlook
        smtp:
            auth: true
            starttls.enable: true
            host: smtp-mail.outlook.com
            port: 587

Output:

[2018-04-16T13:57:47,749][ERROR][o.e.x.w.a.e.ExecutableEmailAction] [7vaxZFe] failed to execute action [email_watch/send
_email]
javax.mail.MessagingException: failed to send email with subject [Watcher Notification] via account [outlook_account]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.EmailService.send(EmailService.java:112) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.EmailService.send(EmailService.java:104) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.actions.email.ExecutableEmailAction.execute(ExecutableEmailAction.java:84) ~[
?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.core.watcher.actions.ActionWrapper.execute(ActionWrapper.java:156) ~[x-pack-core-6.2.
2.jar:6.2.2]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.execution.ExecutionService.executeInner(ExecutionService.java:492) ~[x-pack-w
atcher-6.2.2.jar:6.2.2]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.execution.ExecutionService.execute(ExecutionService.java:322) ~[x-pack-watche
r-6.2.2.jar:6.2.2]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.execution.ExecutionService.lambda$executeAsync$7(ExecutionService.java:426) ~
[x-pack-watcher-6.2.2.jar:6.2.2]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.execution.ExecutionService$WatchExecutionTask.run(ExecutionService.java:580)
[x-pack-watcher-6.2.2.jar:6.2.2]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.ThreadContext$ContextPreservingRunnable.run(ThreadContext.java:573)
[elasticsearch-6.2.2.jar:6.2.2]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_144]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_144]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_144]
Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: failed to connect, no password specified?
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:400) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.Account.lambda$executeConnect$2(Account.java:166) ~[?:?]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_144]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.Account.executeConnect(Account.java:165) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.Account.send(Account.java:124) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.xpack.watcher.notification.email.EmailService.send(EmailService.java:110) ~[?:?]

It looks like you are missing user and password. Please see configuring email accounts for details.

Thank you so much for your reply, I provided the password as well still it wasn't working.

@vaishali1 can you please check the logs, I think now the stacktrace of the failure should be different.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.