Failed to find a X509ExtendedTrustManager in the trust manager factory for [PKIX] and truststore [null]

I'm using Sonarqube Development Edition on Windows 2019 (I've previously posted this to the SQ forums but only gotten light feedback). Things have worked fine for years with the current config - but when I upgraded to SQ 9.5 I get this on service start

Exception
org.elasticsearch.common.ssl.SslConfigException: failed to find a X509ExtendedTrustManager in the trust manager factory for [PKIX] and truststore [null]

It would seem to indicate an issue with a certificate store. Since this is Windows, I regularly use:

setx _JAVA_OPTIONS "-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=WINDOWS-ROOT

to allow Java to leverage the native Windows certificate store (the JVM can use the OS cert store for all the corporate CAs instead of having to muck with java-specific cert files). This has worked on this system (and continues to work on a number of other non-Sonarqube servers I manage. If I remove the _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable - the error disappears and the service will start (but as I discovered today, obviously I can't grok the corporate CA certs, so LDAP integration doesn't work - among other things).

Since I'm stuck on the Sonarqube side - I was hoping someone on the Elastic side might have some insight on any changes why this would suddenly stop working.

I'm running Azul Zulu JRE 11.56.19 FWIW.

Thanks much
B

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.