Failed to parse mapping for index

I have just updated my stack to 6.0.0 and I am getting the following error:

017-12-01 10:47:45.653 INFO 3211 --- [/O dispatcher 2] p.c.ElasticSearchRestClientConfiguration : Error for compass/null for INDEX operation: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=Failed to parse mapping [compass]: [include_in_all] is not allowed for indices created on or after version 6.0.0 as [_all] is deprecated. As a replacement, you can use an [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field.]]; nested: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=[include_in_all] is not allowed for indices created on or after version 6.0.0 as [_all] is deprecated. As a replacement, you can use an [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field.]];

I have set my cluster in elastic cloud to create a new index automatically, and it was not able to create an index on the 1st of December due to the mappings being deprecated.

Is there a way to create a new mapping for the cluster to automatically conform to and create new indexes each month from the newly defined mapping?

Jason

It seems like you have an old index template that uses include_in_all, which is no longer supported.

How do I edit my index template?

Get the current one using the index template API and update it. You can the push it back into the cluster using the same API. If you are using the default Logstash template, you can just upload the standard 6.0 template and overwrite the existing one.

Is there a default index pattern that my cluster will use? When I use a "GET /_template/" I have several index patterns that appear, including logstash-, security-, tid-* etc

Will I need to edit each to remove the deprecated lines?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.